- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? Maybe
In 2015, a single Swiss women’s football team took a risk on MyCujoo to broadcast their football matches. Today we’re the world’s largest live football streaming platform, with clubs, leagues, and federations in over 120 countries using our free, state of the art technology to showcase their talent. Whether coding our groundbreaking apps or unlocking commercial potential for our streamers, we were focused on a single mission: to enable anyone, anywhere, at any level, to share their game. Five years later, we launched MyCujoo Live Services, a highly scalable live streaming solution built on the stack which powers MyCujoo.tv. Developed for rights owners in sports and beyond, we provide the technology and tools which provides a live streaming experience tailored to their fans’ needs.
The Job of Back End Engineer:
You’ll be working in the team that builds technology to enable anyone to live stream football matches from anywhere in the world. Whether it’s a professional production or the proud parent next to the pitch, you’ll be responsible for the technology powering their experience. Together with the other engineers and product owner, you’ll work on the end to end experience, from the metadata needed to create content, to the mobile apps used for live streaming video. All our teams work closely at MyCujoo, and yours is no different. The video streams that you enable will be handed off to the team responsible for our self-built live streaming platform, while all the metadata is used by the team that creates the experience for fans. As our teams are quite independent, it means we use different technologies per team, and it also means that you get the freedom to experiment with new technologies.
Great to haves:
- 3+ years commercial Golang development experience.
- Test Driven Development.
- Continuous integration and deployments.
- Restful APIs.
- Experience with Apache Kafka / AVRO.
- Ownership of logging, monitoring and alerting within feature teams.
- We rely on different datastores, for example PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch.
- Everything we build is precisely designed for high availability, scalability and resilience on either supported by AWS or Google Cloud technology.
- Version control.
- Experience with NodeJS, ReactJS, and tools such as ffmpeg.
Challenges on which you’ll thrive:
- We’re a start-up – things can change quickly. Your adaptability to roll with these changes is essential.
- You’ll be given and expected to take initiative and responsibility from day one.
- The industry we’re in is constantly changing, and you’ll need to have the personal ambition to keep up.
- We want to do many things, all at the same time, which can make execution challenging.
- MyCujoo is a groundbreaking company, and as we redefine broadcasting you’ll need to be enthusiastic about how you can support and grow the business.
Opportunities you’ll enjoy:
- Being part of a company fundamentally transforming the football and sports broadcast landscape on a global scale.
- Benefitting from a huge potential for career growth.
- Collaborating with an incredibly talented team.
- Whilst we have a stunning office located in one of Amsterdam’s coolest neighbourhoods, NDSM, we’re a highly flexible workplace.
- Being encouraged to innovate, be entrepreneurial, and take risks.