- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No
We aggregate the services offered by fiat-to-crypto payment gateways in a single widget and open API, and subsequently offer a single plug to any party that wishes to build with crypto. By doing so, we’ve become the first-ever fiat gateway service provider, streamlining global payments on the intersection between fiat and crypto. We’re in an exciting phase of growth, but are only just getting started. We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team to build the next generation of crypto-IT infrastructure. We’re currently a distributed team, but will we’ll be moving into offices in the heart of Amsterdam, which is where we are looking for talent.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be developing and overseeing new API integrations of fiat-to-crypto payment gateways to further improve Onramper;
- You’ll be extending the capabilities of Onramper and optimize transaction-routing through API integrations of additional crypto-to-crypto swapping layers;
- You’ll be implementing and optimizing back-end data collection and analysis to improve transaction routing and transaction completion rates;
- You’ll act as technical consultant for our merchants during their integration with Onramper, ensuring the technical integrity and quality of their integration with ours; and
- You’ll work both independently from and together with our technical team.
- As an early addition to a growing team, you’ll bear substantial responsibility from day 1, and you will be fulfilling a constantly evolving environment in which there’s room to grow into a more product-vision / leadership-focussed rol.
- You have at least 2+ years experience integrating with web APIs, and 1+ years experience with Typescript, and at least a basic familiarity with serverless architectures.
- You have gone through early stages of successful startup growth, working in a startup that has gone through fast growth for 3+ years, and have an affinity with lean/agile/scrum.
- You have a Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand complex systems (APIs, databases, SDK’s, etc.)
- You are fluent in english, have a proactive attitude and have good prioritisation and organisational skills.
- You are able to work autonomously, set goals and attain them. You’re also able to work in a team-setting, are empathetic, a good communicator, and a pleasure to work with 🙂
- Experience with React,
- Experience with UX/UI design
- Experience with blockchain technology (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.) or experience in the blockchain industry
- Experience in a senior/managing role within a dev-team.
- Experience with growth experiments or A/B testing
- Experience at a PSP/fintech/fiat gateway or other companies in which financial, high reliability or security systems are built.
- Experience with QA/testing practices, tools, and frameworks.
What excites us:
Across the hires we aim to make, we look for signals that a candidate fits into the vision of the company that we aim to build:
Firstly, we are building a startup because we want to enjoy our working life. This means we aim to build a healthy work environment based on personal fulfillment, trust, empathy, and honest communication.
Second, we are ambitious and vision-driven. We aim to help people build and access the world of crypto, by bridging the financial world of today and the world of tomorrow. We fundamentally believe in decentralization and the potential of cryptocurrencies, and have a burning itch to accelerate this movement.
Finally, disrupting the frontiers of finance and payments excites us. Turning disruptive ideas into rapid growth gives us that special feeling in our stomachs; a feeling of excitement, joy and fulfillment.
Also, we believe in open-source, so check our our Github for some cool things we’ve open sourced.