- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No
We are extremely proud to share that Primephonic has been awarded as one of the top 100 best developed apps worldwide!
We are a fast-growing music streaming service that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. By building an app dedicated entirely to classical music, we reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily undeserved in the digital space, which is why it’s our mission to build a better future for the genre by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, available to stream in the highest audio quality with world-leading search functionality built bespoke for classical music. Our app is underpinned by a payout model which sees classical musicians paid in a fairer way than traditional services. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Since August 2019, Primephonic is available in over 150 countries.
With offices in New York City and Amsterdam, our rapidly growing team is home to 50+ classical music lovers of 25+ different nationalities. With this passionate and driven team we are able to challenge streaming services like Spotify, Amazon, Apple and Google!
Some interesting blog posts and articles:
Data sits at the core of our business at Primephonic. From processing raw data of music labels, to enhancing it with our inhouse database of classical works, powering our recommendation engines, to generating real-time feature & streaming usage reports, to everything in between. Our competitive advantage in bringing the classical music industry to the new age lies in data.
At Primephonic we have the ambition that every strategic and product decision should be based on data, and to make this happen, we are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help us modernize, scale, and grow our existing data infrastructure. This is where you come in :).
🧐 Who are you?
The product roadmap of the data team ranges from building data processing pipelines from scratch, to setting up data models to better track user behaviour across our entire product line (iOS, Android, Web, Chromecast, Sonos, etc.), to building additional tooling to improve optimization, automation and overall data quality. You’re not put off by this long list – on the contrary, you can’t wait to dig into all this data and put it to good use! As an early hire of this team, you will have a leading role in shaping the data-driven culture at Primephonic.
🦄 Even better if you have:
- Experience or interest in data analysis
- Experience building pipelines to train and monitor machine learning models
- Experience in AWS (Sagemaker, Redshift, Glue, Athena)
- Advanced databases experience (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Hands-on experience in a large number of technologies and programming languages
👨💻 What will you do as a Data Engineer?
- Design, implement & maintain scalable data pipelines
- Develop advanced data reporting and visualizations
- Build ETL and BI environments & dashboards
- Develop and deploy applications in AWS
- Work alongside other software engineers and data scientists
🚀 Some technologies we work with
- Python, Tableau
- Bash, CircleCI, Docker
- AWS Services
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
- You will get a non-sugar coated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- Purpose driven organization: our product makes people truly happy
- You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team home to 50+ (classical) music lovers from 25+ different countries.
- Great office life, masterclasses, monthly office outings & strategy sessions, fresh cooked lunch, and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Good compensation and a contribution to the pension scheme.
- 25 holidays
- 5 Workcation days
- Mentor and buddy system
- Last but not least a free subscription to the Primephonic app!
🎯 Recruitment process
- Phone screening by recruiter
- Round 1 interview live in office* or via video call + (video) assignment
- Round 2 interview live in office or via video call
- Reference check
*😷 Covid-19: Primephonic follows the advice of the Dutch government and the RIVM regarding Covid-19. For safety reasons our team is currently working remotely.
- Address Professor Tulpstraat 18, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands