- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No
We are extremely proud to share that Primephonic has been awarded as one of the top 100 best developed apps worldwide!
We are a fast-growing music streaming service that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. By building an app dedicated entirely to classical music, we reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily undeserved in the digital space, which is why it’s our mission to build a better future for the genre by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, available to stream in the highest audio quality with world-leading search functionality built bespoke for classical music. Our app is underpinned by a payout model which sees classical musicians paid in a fairer way than traditional services. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Since August 2019, Primephonic is available in over 150 countries.
With offices in New York City and Amsterdam, our rapidly growing team is home to 50+ classical music lovers of 25+ different nationalities. With this passionate and driven team we are able to challenge streaming services like Spotify, Amazon, Apple and Google!
Some interesting blog posts and articles:
As a Front-end Developer at Primephonic, you will have a decisive role in defining the technical roadmap of our primary user-facing apps. You will get to work with a ridiculously modern technology stack, in well-designed, well-maintained and well-tested projects. Using your expertise and deep understanding of modern web technologies, you will work directly in our web and desktop apps, designing, implementing, maintaining and rolling out new features.
Our platform is made up of several different systems. From robust APIs powering our apps, to music label reporting systems, to complex musical metadata matching algorithms, to high-throughput streaming services, which are all crucial to our business. Our web app plays a crucial role as it’s the entry point for many of our users. This is where you come in :).
🧐 Who are you?
As a Front-end Developer at Primephonic, you are someone not afraid of new challenges. You’re confident with your coding skills as you have a few years of work experience in a startup already, but you’re not content with just solving problems…you want to solve the right problems. This is where your critical thinking and analytical mindset should come into play, by having the perfect combination of tech skills and product mindset, to help prioritize, optimize, and together with the team, build the most solid front-end for our streaming service.
You get excited by working on products that directly impact people’s lives. You are able to run a project from start to finish, and take pride in seeing users immediately enjoy your pixel-perfect implementations.
🦄 Even better if you have:
- Contributions to open source
- Experience with backend technologies (Node.js, MongoDB)
- Experience working in early-stage startups & scale-ups
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- 5+ years of working experience
🧐 What will you do as our Front-end Developer
- Interact with designers and analysts to design and implement new features
- Implement new features in our web application and desktop client, using Vue.js and Typescript
- Develop components which are scalable, reliable and reusable
- Improve maintainability and extensibility of our user-facing applications
🚀 Some technologies you will be working with
- Vue.js, Electron
- Rest APIs
- Yarn, CircleCI, Docker
- You will get a non-sugar coated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- Purpose driven organization: our product makes people truly happy
- You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team home to 50+ (classical) music lovers from 25+ different countries.
- Great office life, masterclasses, monthly office outings & strategy sessions, fresh cooked lunch, and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Good compensation and a contribution to the pension scheme.
- 25 holidays
- 5 Workcation days
- Mentor and buddy system
- Last but not least a free subscription to the Primephonic app!
🎯 Recruitment process
- Phone screening by recruiter
- Round 1 interview live in office* or via video call + (video) assignment
- Round 2 interview live in office or via video call
- Reference check
Primephonic follows the advice of the Dutch government and the RIVM regarding Covid-19. For safety reasons our team is currently working remotely.
- Address Professor Tulpstraat 18, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands