- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No
Who are we?
We are extremely proud to share that Primephonic has been awarded as one of the top 100 best developed apps worldwide!
We are a fast-growing music streaming service that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. By building an app dedicated entirely to classical music, we reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily undeserved in the digital space, which is why it’s our mission to build a better future for the genre by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, available to stream in the highest audio quality with world-leading search functionality built bespoke for classical music. Our app is underpinned by a payout model which sees classical musicians paid in a fairer way than traditional services. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Since August 2019, Primephonic is available in over 150 countries.
With offices in New York City and Amsterdam, our rapidly growing team is home to 50+ classical music lovers of 25+ different nationalities. With this passionate and driven team we are able to challenge streaming services like Spotify, Amazon, Apple and Google!
📖 Interesting articles, selected for you:
You will solve the metadata challenge of classical music. Existing streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music and Google Play, have failed to develop an adequate streaming solution for classical music. They are designed for the relatively simple metadata structure of pop music, not for the much more complex metadata structure of classical music. Primephonic is cracking the metadata challenge of classical music. With a team of data engineers and musicologists we are creating the most extensive and unique classical music database in the world.
🧐 What will you do
- You will investigate and trace user-facing issues back to the different data sources in our catalog, and the matching processes that combine these.
- You are able to identify and classify patterns of data issues and discrepancies between the matching algorithm and the catalog data, then translate them into actionable tasks for the editorial team to work on.
- You will analyse and troubleshoot the processes which combine and unify the different sources of data delivered to us, and propose improvements to these.
- Maintaining and creating dashboards and visualisations to support the editorial team, and analyse the quality of the database.
- Answer ad-hoc analytical questions by diving into our large and complex database, forecasting and benchmarking our data quality, helping other departments such as audio and curation department in making fact-based decisions, implementing and maintaining reporting processes.
🚀 Who is our Jr. Music Data Analyst?
- Highly independent and self-motivated, curious and driven team player
- A passion or understanding for (classical) music
- Experience in a relevant subject (data analyst, data science, data engineering) or degree in a related field (informatics, engineering, statistics)
- Experience of delivering data extraction and manipulation based on defined requirements and be able to build, manage and utilise data
- Advanced macro skills in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheet
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) in English
- You will get a non-sugar coated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- Purpose driven organisation: our product makes people truly happy
- You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team home to 50 + (classical) music lovers from 25+ different countries.
- 25 paid holidays per year
- 5 Workcation days
- Mentor and buddy system
- Great office life, masterclasses, monthly office outings & strategy sessions, fresh cooked lunch, and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Last but not least – a free subscription to the Primephonic app!
🎯 Recruitment process:
- Phone screening by recruiter
- Round 1 interview live in office* or via video call + (video) assignment
- Round 2 interview live in office or via video call
- Reference check
Primephonic follows the advice of the Dutch government and the RIVM regarding Covid-19. For safety reasons our team is currently working remotely.
📱Get in touch with us today!
- Address Professor Tulpstraat 18, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands