- Languages required English, Spanish
- Open to remote working? No
Who are we?
We are extremely proud to share that Primephonic has been awarded as one of the top 100 best developed apps worldwide!
We are a fast-growing music streaming service that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. By building an app dedicated entirely to classical music, we reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily undeserved in the digital space, which is why it’s our mission to build a better future for the genre by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, available to stream in the highest audio quality with world-leading search functionality built bespoke for classical music. Our app is underpinned by a payout model which sees classical musicians paid in a fairer way than traditional services. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Since August 2019, Primephonic is available in over 150 countries.
With offices in New York City and Amsterdam, our rapidly growing team is home to 50+ classical music lovers of 25+ different nationalities. With this passionate and driven team we are able to challenge streaming services like Spotify, Amazon, Apple and Google!
📖 Interesting articles, selected for you:
THE ROLE OF MUSIC RECOMMENDATION EDITOR
Primephonic is developing a unique recommendation system that goes beyond the regular as we are able to tap on our unique music catalog which is able to identify similarities based on expert recommendations from real musicologists. We are able to identify classical music lovers’ taste profiles towards genres, periods, instrumentation and styles of classical music – all data parameters only possible on Primephonic, a streaming service dedicated to classical music.
True enjoyment of classical music goes beyond listening. We want to allow our users to experience learning and discovering more about classical music. Therefore we are looking for a detail-oriented and hands-on team member to help us on our mission. As our Music Catalog Editor specializing in the Recommendation domain, you will be contributing towards our cutting-edge data recommendation model, reporting to our Catalog Team lead and working together with fellow specialist(s), data analysts and editorial team.
🧐 What will you do as our Music Recommendation Editor
You will play a vital role in enhancing classical music metadata with additional information by means of keyword tagging to bring the beauty of classical music information to life within our streaming apps. You will monitor the quality and accuracy of our recommendations and proactively solve any data inaccuracies that you identify. You will also enhance our catalog database with more keywords (moods, tempo, etc) towards each classical composition.
On a daily basis, you will peruse through feedback provided by real users as well as our internal team on the performance of our recommendations via various features in-app (radio, personal recommendations, related works etc) and find ways to improve our recommendation satisfaction rating by editing the data of our catalog and adding more keywords towards our enhanced data towards newly released recordings that have been ingested to our platform.
You will also get to participate in various exciting editorial projects as a team. Some examples of projects from the past were translations, related works and radio mood tagging.
🚀 Who are you?
- Recent or soon-to-be graduate in data analyst, data science, data engineering or degree in a related field (informatics, engineering, statistics)
- You have strong knowledge of classical music and clear understanding of the challenges of the classical music industry
- A self-motivated and hands-on problem solver who is unafraid of working in large data sets with impeccable follow-through capabilities
- You learn new systems quickly and can work autonomously
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment full of music lovers!
- You will get a non-sugar coated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- Purpose driven organisation: our product makes people truly happy
- You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team home to 50 + (classical) music lovers from 25+ different countries.
- Great office life, masterclasses, monthly office outings & strategy sessions, fresh cooked lunch, and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Temporary, zero-hours contract
- Last but not least – a free subscription to the Primephonic app!
🎯 Recruitment process
- Phone screening by recruiter
- Round 1 interview live in office* or via video call + (video) assignment
- Round 2 interview live in office or via video call
- Reference check
Primephonic follows the advice of the Dutch government and the RIVM regarding Covid-19. For safety reasons our team is currently working remotely.
📱Get in touch with us today!
- Address Professor Tulpstraat 18, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands