- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? Yes
Search, event visits and online scouting are used to find the best start- and scale-ups for maritime innovation. These start- and scale-ups are compared to potential competitors before they are introduced into the PortXL validation carousel. Learn about the port industry, get in contact with the companies, account management, promotion of PortXL and working towards the big selection days will all be part of the process.
Scouting Intern Practicalities
Start date: ASAP / June 2020
Duration: 4 – 6 months on a fulltime basis
Location: Our Rotterdam office / Working from Home
Compensation: 575€ per month
Working towards the future of the port, together with us!
This internship is unique because of the opportunity to work at the world’s first accelerator for port and maritime. Enabling full-on involvement in maritime innovation, you play an active and energetic role in maritime future!
You are the direct link between start- & scale-ups and PortXL. You browse (scout!) the internet to find those hidden diamonds. Being in close contact with the business (both partners and entrepreneurs), you assess their questions, needs and find the most satisfying results. In the end it’s all about realizing meaningful collaborations in (use-cases, letter of intention) between start- and scale-ups and relevant partners. As an intern at PortXL you are also ensuring PortXL’s position between the worldwide innovative ecosystems. Keeping up to date on the latest development in the maritime industry is key. As part of your job at PortXL you are monitoring these developments as well as reaching out to potential participants in the PortXL program
· Finished or in the last phase of your bachelor or masters study;
· Highly developed analytical skills;
· Interested in port, maritime, logistics and/or energy;
· Affinity with technology and start- & scale-ups;
· Flexible and resilient;
· Buzzing with creative ideas;
· Sound written and verbal knowledge of English.
· Working with a energetic, young and motivated team who share the ambition of change the world;
· Access to an international network of start- and scale-ups;
· Involvement with our corporate partners (Van Oord, Port of Rotterdam, Shell etc.);
· Room for you to discover your interests, think creatively and take initiative;
· An interesting working space in the Science Tower in Rotterdam;
· Opportunities to visit interesting maritime and port related events;
· Personal development, knowledge development and (free) training;
· Very good coffee, tea & cookies.
Send your cover letter and CV (please include your current or most recent GPA score during your bachelor or master) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Marconistraat 16, 3029AK Rotterdam, The Netherlands